Writing Assignment Page

Social Media Trends for 2021

1.) Show your audience your “reel” Brand Personality with Instagram Reels or TikTok

Short videos of you brand around 15-30 seconds that are meant to catch people’s attention. There are differents types of ideas on how to, a couple are before and after images, behind the scenes, and etc.

2.) Make new friends, but keep the old: Don’t leave long-form video out

Long forms of content that entertain, inspire, educate, and benefit the audience. Even though their new trends as the ones above you don’t have to stop creating longer content, some examples are streams, videos like on youtube, and etc.

3.) Stories capabilities are not only here to stay, they’re growing

Temporary Content that allow material to be shared but also to disappear. Snapchat, Pinterest Story pins, Twitter Fleets are just some examples of apps that can share stories. Some types of stories could be polls, questions, voting features and etc.

4.)  Replace face to face time with screen- to- screen time

Allows connection between a brand and their audience through virtual events. It stills allows your brand to be shared and lets the audience of contact with so brand without seeing them in person. Instead they can talk to their audience through social media and other apps.

5.)Make eCommerce even easier: Social Media becoming a one-stop shop

Many different apps have obtaining more digital storefront. With apps having their own shopping features and ways of advertising their own shops it allows more customers.

6.) When it comes to content strategy, knowledge is power

People are learning with all these different types of social media. Videos are being made that give step to step guides, tips, how tos and more which is helping people learn.

7.) Just because you can go text-heavy on facebook, doesn’t mean you should

The way to grabs a person attention isn’t always through paragraphs, and just too much informations. When things are being shared but has more immediate eye attention grabbing things it will be easier to catch more attention.

8.) Keep what’s behind the rand and behind the screen at the forefront: people

Brands can benefit by actually showing who is behind the brand. There are different ways of showing this not just by showing their face or picutres.

Jump Start your photography 

Try to learn a new lightning technique.

Look at popular photoblogs and get inspired.

Listen to your favorite music.

Shoot a sporting event.

See an art show.
Shoot your family.

Shoot your favorite food.
Shoot a family event.

Take a photo assignment or challenge.
Go to the movie.
Critique

The picture I chose was the Tamawuj by Oscar Murillo . One thing that I like about the picture that first stood out was how it looks like 4 different pictures. I know that it technically is multiples thing in one photo but I liked how even though it’s all connected you can still see different parts of it that makes it unique. Another thing I like was the use of the color red. Even though there are a bunch of colors the red stood out to me and I liked how noticeable it was. I also like how even though all the images in the picture are totally opposite of each other, they still go or blend really good together. Although I mentioned colors I really like how it not just a couple colors together, I enjoyed seeing how all those different colors mixed with each other and even made certain colors stick out. The last thing I want to point out was how the face is in the middle. I liked how odd it was because all the other pictures had nothing to do with people.

Photography Job Hunting

Newborn Photographer

I found a job post about a Newborn Photographer in San Bernardino. I’m interested in this job because although I don’t like kids/babies, I love to look at them and maybe hold them for like 5 minutes. I love taking picture of babies I’ve done some pictures for my niece and cousin when they were a couple month. I also get the chance of capturing adorable moments for the families of the baby. I would need photography experience with a portfolio, the ability to work with the babies and mothers, at least a highschool diploma, communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.

Review of 2 articles on Canon Lens Experience

Landscape Photography

As I was reading, Tellone caught my attention when he basically describes landscape photography as slow and motionless. That is one of the reasons why my favorite type of photography is landscape. I tend to get more inspired to take pictures when i can really take my time and focus on a certain subject. I don’t normally like to feel rushed when it comes to taking photos because when I’m not I feel that my mind can be more creative and alert to the differents elements there is to take in when capturing a subject. Peter Tellones work that is shown in the article is another thing that actually inspires me considering this type of work as a career. I loved how he took if I’m being honest simple things and made then eye-catching and pleasing. However, I know in order to do that it takes a lot work in figuring out composition, lenses, lighting, creativity, and much more.

Travel Photography

While reading this article by travel photographer Randy Kerr I realized how many differents types of photography there really is in traveling. Knowing that there’s actually several types of photography that could be incorporated into traveling is something that really caught my eye about ever considering this type of photography as a career. It also even made me change my opinion on sports photography being my second favorite type of photography. This is because as I was reading Kerr’s experiences in the places he has traveled and things he has captured I found what he did really interesting. The things that I found most pleasing was when he capture a photo of grizzly bears. Although I would never do something like that, I thought about how it includes two of my favorite things in life which are traveling and nature.

100 most influential photographs

The grief photograph was photographed by Dmitri Baltermants in 1942. Baltermants was someone who fell in love with photography and was then told to photograph the annexation. A mass murder had occurred and Baltermant shot these pictures of grief. I had seen all the pictures on this list and one that caught my attention the minute I saw it was the grief picture. This is because throughout this past year i’ve had to do some greving myself. When I examined the picture and saw the emotion showed in it I almost cried. It really did make me sad.

During this pandemic I have lost two people in my family. I wasn’t really close to the first family member I lost but it still hit me. However, the second person I lost was an aunt. It really got to me because I was closed to her and I would spend so much time with her. Then it hit me that I’d never see her again. This is why the picture had such a big impact on me. I realized that these people in the picture also faced what I was going through at the time. That they would never see the people they loved and that was the reason why they had that emotion.

Why is Photography Important

Photography allows different views of the world.  This is why it is important to me. Photography allows me to express myself without having to speak. It a way many people out in the world express themselves and it allows us to do it in an interesting and beautiful way. It lets me capture moments I want to always cherish. Anyone can part take in photography and you can capture anything you want. I’m constantly learning new things about photography that help me advance in the photography world.

Photography allows me to go on new adventures and make new friends. When I capture those special moments, they can now stay with me forever. Photography is a way people can spread awareness with issues in the world. It’s a way I learn about what’s going on in the world instead of me being clueless. This are just some of the reasons photography is important to me.

B&H Shopping

SpreeFUJIFILM GFX 100S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)  $5,999.00    I’m not going to lie I don’t know much about cameras. I searched up cameras that would be best for Landscape photography. I read several different articles on it. This one was one of the ones that kept popping up. It is on the more expensive side, but I thought it was a really nice camera that fit for my type of photography. 

Apple 16’’ MacBook Pro    $2,149   I would need a laptop for my editing. This laptop would work for that. 

Peak Design Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod    $599.95   I need a tripod for landscape photography. I wanted one that would be very sturdy and good for the different types of weather conditions I would be in. 

Canon Deluxe Backpack 200 EG $49.95     I need a backpack to hold my camera and laptop. This one was water resistant so I thought it would be a good one to get. 

I know I would need more things for this type of photography, but I thought these would be the main things that I would need. I could always buy as I go with my leftover money. 

Critique of Silver List Photographers

Granville Carroll is an Afrofuturist photographer. I really enjoyed looking at all of Carroll’s photography. I liked how his picture were dark yet there was always something that stood out because of light. In the picture I shared the outside of the picture is dark and as you get to the center there’s the bright moon with some color around it. I thought that Carroll’s website was really easy to access. All his pages were out in the opened and all labeled. It gave me no trouble was was easy to access.

.

Another photographer that stood out to me was Claire A.Warden. I liked her work because although there is some color it’s still simple. Like Granville Carroll a lot of her work is dark but still has the color which makes it pop. I also liked her 99 moons page the most because although it was all moons every picture was uniques with a different style. Warden’s website was also easy to access. It was simple but still had its own theme.